Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Top Things to Do in Miami


I first want to say that since I've been visiting Miami, circa 2000, the city has exploded. Not only with the big real estate boom, but also economically. Looking back, the city has hosted two Super Bowls in that time span, as well as see it's baseball team obtain a new stadium that is set to open up next year. Miami is now home to me, and I'd like to share with you my favorite things to do in Miami. Keep in mind I am a sports buff, so some of the activities I list will reflect that.

These are in no particular order, as it's hard to order things that are all so much fun and exciting. That's my little disclaimer!

1. Miami Dolphins football games. The Fins are competing at a high level now that Bill Parcells is in town and Ricky Williams has regained his old form. Fins games are so much fun for many reasons. You have beer, football, a rocking stadium, and a winning coaching staff. The Fins aren't my favorite NFL team but they are one I follow since they are the home team.

2. Hurricane sports. Of course, I love football, so the Canes football squad is my first choice, but their baseball team and basketball team are also competing at very high levels. Totally worth checking out!

3. South Beach. This place is a blast. You have bars, clubs, discos, and gorgeous women! What is there not to like about South Beach?

4. Golf. There are so many nice courses in Miami. You have Doral, Miami Beach Golf Club, and Crandon Park. All great courses among tropical settings.

5. Marlins baseball. I love baseball as much as anyone, and the Marlins field a solid team each year, even though they pay about as much as McDonalds to their players. They really do need to spend more money, but hey, they are considered small market and it's not my job to do that.:)

6. Ft. Lauderdale is just a stone's throw away. There are many places to visit, including Riverwalk, Las Olas, and more. It's not as diverse as Miami, but its a nice little oasis and popular among boaters.

7. Dining. I can name about 100 restaurants in Miami that I like, but I'll start with a few: Prime 112, Joe's Stone Crabs, Red, Casa Tua, Shula's. All great places!

8. Bars. Well, if we are getting into dining I may as well list my drinking spots. For starters, you can hit up the tourist traps that also are popular to locals on Ocean Drive. There is world famous Wet Willies, Clevelander, Ocean's Ten, and many others. Of course, I like the Ale House for sports, which has many locations across Miami-Dade. I also like to head out to the Doral Hooters, which is the #1 Hooters in the nation. The girls there are mostly of Colombian descent, which hey, I'm not going to argue with. You probably won't either.

That's my personal list of things to do in Miami - if you find yourself in town, give them a shot.








Tanner enjoys spending time in Miami Beach and thinks he will live there permanently some day.


0 comments:

My Fantasy Football Blog Newsletter

Contributors

Followers

Powered by Blogger.